From butts to balloons

I just want you all to know that my butt hurts. 

Two days... IN A ROW... I bicycled!! 13 miles the first day, 15 miles the second. I pushed my limits, released some stress and felt immense pride as I was still able to stand afterwards lol, BUTT I'm sore (see what I did there?! 😜).

So my birthday was back in February and I got the most amazing gift (which cost my man a pretty penny). This is the first time I've ever gotten such a grand gift from a romantic partner. He wanted me by his side when he goes on rides, so he got me this: 

🤭😲 Now I can keep up!! 😍

LOVE IT!

Two days into spring and I'm already riding!!
(Gratitude a la carte: thank heaven spring is finally here!
See all that leftover snow?! 2019 winter in the midwest was the WORST)

This is just one of the many ways he shows me his love (which has definitely aided in healing some past hurts). It's directly impacted my health in a positive way (I'm an empath = I feel everything deeply). He’s very much a man’s man and yet has shown me so much love. Society's taught us ladies that shouldn't be expected from the alpha male. 

It’s really interesting... being IN a relationship is exactly what has helped me work through many of my deep seated relationship fears. Everything out there says to work on yourself BEFORE entering into a relationship. "Be whole", they say (which I equate with something close to perfection). My personal experience is it’s not possible to be perfect before being involved with another person (whether that be romantic, family, friends, work peeps, etc). Every single person you meet has issues! Perfection will not be found. What you DO do is keep moving, keep growing, keep being the sister, father, friend or lover while actively working on being your best self - one day at a time. And be cognizant at how those peoples are affecting your world. I would still be single (not knocking that!) and STILL not have progressed in my fears if I hadn't made the choice to date again. I knew singleness (ahem... for almost a decade). It was relationships that were scary!

Even the sun beams are happy

There's a part of life where the desire to remain comfy and the desire to grow eventually collide. Like when you start blowing up a balloon... your breath fills it without much effort, then you realize there's tension, you re-group and exert ALL your energy in order to make it expand! That's how life is. You can fill it up a little, but you won't progress further unless... when you meet that sweet spot, you explode into your potential, expanding more than you ever dreamed possible. 

Keep expanding until you think you'll pop!

Maybe that's the actual goal – to expand your energy SO much the cavity of your confinement grows thin... And you're finally free. 

Work to be free... then come ride with me (HEY that rhymed! :)) 

XOXO
Janelle

Comments

Popular Posts