Today I looked around my living room turned office, papers stacked and "filed" using cardboard boxes, currently feeling totally undomesticated, realized...my 2017 mission to SIMPLIFY (my adopted word for the year) is going much slower than I had envisioned. When I have a picture in my mind of what I'd like to accomplish I, like many I assume, wish it to be done...like...yesterday! (silly Insta-gratification peeps we are) Inspiration + a day off = many accomplishments! Yet, most times I don't get to fully finish projects because stuff like eating (which I love to do...currently testing out the Keto lifestyle - more on that at later), sleeping, people obligations and retail jobs get in the way. 

I would like life to be like block courses. Focus on one thing at a time and get intense progress then move to the next item! Work for like 3 months, sleep for 4 months, "people" for...okay now... I, the introvert (currently working as a Customer Service Rep at the day job), NO longer like that idea. Anywho, moving on....

I keep hearing out "there" how freeing, invigorating and sustainable it is to have accomplished said goal of simplicity instead of hoarding everything donated during the fresh-out-of-college years (who am I kidding?! I'm still embracing that!) and continually making the decision to hold onto all of it "just incase" its needed at some random point in the future.


"SO", she said lifting the first paper, "LETS DO THIS!".


...but first, LUNCH ðŸ˜‰

(Febe not caring about the state of the house)



Give me like a week or two... I'll be back with PROOF of accomplishment! Until then....

Take just ONE step at a time, 

Janelle Spragg

Comments

Popular Posts