August

So... Its August.

2017. Does anyone else feel like this year is going by faster than all the others?! I mean, its still got the allotted 365 as far as I know (lol), but its already AUGUST. Work people are chatting about when their children are going back to school and I'm sitting here wondering when I'll get to enjoy the summer that "just" started!

I guess thats the imparted wisdom of life. The idea that, yes, just like a toilet paper roll... the older you get, the faster it goes! AND to enjoy each moment. Some actual adult told me that back in the day and it stayed with me.

My paper progress... well... now the box has moved to a different location that'll be easier to sort through...so...WIN! Even the smallest movement - as long as its going forward - should be counted as positive. "Slow and steady wins the race!" "Progress = happiness!" "Just keep swimming!" etc, etc. Like Tony Robbins suggests, I'm learning that lowering my standards, goal-wise, actually makes the progressive movement of GETTING TO that goal empowering. Small wins - no matter how small - reinforce self-trust that YES you ARE capable of awesomeness.

Just one day at a time.

❤️
Janelle

Stop to enjoy the little things

Comments

Popular Posts