THANKFUL

WOW. I look down at my finger to see this crazy sparkling thing reminding me that it's true. I... got... married!

Popped the question at the bitter cold top of
Pikes Peak in CO (pictured in background).

I can't explain how long and painful my journey into this beautifully broken, healing, loving, energizing relationship has been.... 
It's a long, long desired dream finally realized. To come home to, wake up to, play argue with, REAL argue with, love with, cry through hard cycling with... it feels like someone needs to pinch me. And with Thanksgiving coming this week my gratitude is MAGNIFIED. I'm SO thankful to finally get the opportunity that is "wife". Learning to be a helper, lover, best friend, domestic (🤪), etc. To grow through more hard things...WITH someone who cares deeply for me. What a blessing I do NOT take for granted!


 This is some of his latte handiwork 😍
I've always felt built for this position but, man, did it seem to take a LONG time to finally be my turn.

What a great guy I got too... I'm so proud of the man he is and who he's aspiring to become. Sweetly he wakes me up to a regular morning latte. I will thoroughly enjoy this as long as he wants to make them!! 

Side note: I'm inclined to recognize now more than ever just how cruel our society is to lives of singles. It's SO hard to remain true to who you are and want to be while struggling to make ends meet. Many people compromise to have the financial relief that requires a weird/toxic roommate (kudos to those who actually found someone awesome to live with...or maybe I'm just hard to live with?! lol)

Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 is very true "Two ARE better than one...." It took me years to heal from a past, toxic relationship. "Scary" isn't exactly the right depth of feeling to describe what it felt like for me to choose love (yes, I really mean "choose"), to FIND love again...

SO thankful I did. 


November 2, 2019
with my moms veil


To the closing of the old chapter and to the opening of a new one! 🥂🍾 

XOXO

Janelle



Comments

Popular Posts